Sunday, February 9, 2014

Paleo Breakfast Patties


...Known to others as sausage. 

This Sunday marks the beginning of my second week in joining my wife in her healing diet. Paleo Autoimmune Protocol.  I can not really express how lame of me it was to leave her stranded in this diet up until now while I continued gorging on bread and cookies and all kinds of other foods she could not have. But now that I am in it, I can not say I am disappointed about melting away 3lbs, not being hungry all day and not getting that afternoon lul. Oh did I mention I don't drink coffee anymore?  If it wasn't for my buddy Mike introducing me to my first crossfit workout this weekend, I might have said I was starting to feel like superman. 

14 servings (ie breakst for two for a week)
2lbs ground pork (this is plain) Smithfield has it at Harris Teeter in my area
1lb ground turkey
3/4tsp sea/kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper (Lots, as you like it)
Parsley
Sage
Rosemary
Thyme
Fresh garlic 
1 apple finely diced 

As shown, I cook them on cast iron on the stove top. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in retrospect - add molasses to what I just said